For some reason I have been craving peaches. Don’t get me wrong – peaches are delicious and it’s their season to shine, but I don’t usually crave them. Or when I think about what I wanted to put in a smoothie, or thinking of what I want for lunch, peaches don’t usually come to mind.
Well that’s changed! For a week every time I thought about what I was hungry for, peaches came to mind. I was truly craving them! I know when I keep thinking of a food throughout the day or think about it over days, it’s gonna have to happen.
I thought I’d share one of the meals I made with them that turned out so good! Here is another non-scheduled, just so happened I made it, and it was delicious so I thought I’d share – recipe. Enjoy!
Summer Peach & Roasted Chickpea Salad
- 1 can chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed OR about 2 cups cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper, if desired
- 2 large peaches, or 4 small (I used 4 small yellow peaches)
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Baby Spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put chickpeas in sandwich ziplock bag. Add spices, 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, and salt and pepper if desired. Toss until coated.
- Add chickpeas to a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- If slivered almonds are not already toasted, add the almonds to a dry skillet and toast on medium heat. Continually toss to make sure they do not burn. Take off heat when they are browned (about 5 minutes).
- Make the dressing. Whisk together balsamic vinegar, 3 tbsp olive oil, garlic clove, and dijon mustard.
- Once chickpeas are cooled you can start to assemble your salad.
- Since this makes 4 servings, it would be 1/4 of the chickpeas, 1/4 cup toasted almonds, 1/2 peach or 1 small peach sliced, 1 slice of red onion, 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles on top of a bed of spinach. Drizzle with the dressing.
2 thoughts on “Summer Peach & Roasted Chickpea Salad”
This looks tasty!
Thanks! The peaches make it. If you have ripe juicy peaches, the juice become part of the dressing : )