Here is a simple cashew cheese spread/log you can easily whip up. It does require you to have it cool in the fridge before you can mold it into a log, and depending on your blender, you may need to soak the cashews before hand, but that’s about it.
This recipe will be what’s pictured above with the herb crust. I have also made this with a sundried tomato and garlic (aka pizza cheese) topping, and also a sweeter fresh blueberry vanilla topping. I was going to have pictures and recipes for all three, but when I made this I was still only a few weeks pregnant, exhausted, and cooking or food just didn’t sound appetizing. I’m glad I got this out to share with ya’ll!
But the truth of the matter, this is a simple, mild flavor recipe so find other soft cheese topping recipes and test it out on this!
Cashew Cheese Log
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour if you don’t have a high powered blender
- 1/8 cup refined coconut oil (refined does not have a coconut taste)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp miso paste (I use a chickpea miso)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- In a blender, blend cashews, coconut oil, lemon juice, miso paste, and salt until smooth. You will probably have to scrap down the sides a few times, but once it’s all incorporated, blend another minute or two to make it smooth.
- Spoon out mixture onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Wrap the plastic wrap around the cashew mixture and twist the ends. Make a log shape and set in the fridge to cool off and firm up for an hour or two.
- Once firm, unfold the plastic wrap and put cheese log on a plate. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning, and get out your favorite crackers, fruit, and veggies you want to eat with it.