I love black beans. And being able to have them simply with other vegetables and flavors is always a good thing. Here is a simple recipe that is easy, low calorie, low fat, high protein, delicious and easy to make as a side, a snack, or meal prep for lunches. I’ve also used this as a topping for a bed of greens as a green salad or a topping for tacos. The list goes on!
1 Cup Cooked Black Beans
- 14.5 g Protein
- 0.7 g Fat
- 40 g Carbohydrates
- 16.6 g Fiber | Weight Management & Intestinal Health + Healthy Cholesterol Levels
- 28% Daily Value (DV) Iron | Healthier Blood
- 27% DV Magnesium | Healthy Bones
- 16% DV Potassium | Healthy Blood Pressure
- 16% DV Zinc | Healthy Immune System
- 36% DV Folate | Healthy Reproduction of Cells
Then you add in the antioxidant benefits of red bell pepper and red onion and you have a powerhouse of nutrients in a few bites.
Black Bean Salad (Corn Free)
- 2 cans of black beans
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Add all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix together.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat. Let it sit for at least 10-15 minutes after mixing before eating.
108 calories | 0.5 g total fat | 0.1 g saturated fat | 0 g trans fats | 0 mg cholesterol | 409 mg sodium | 19.3 g carbohydrates | 7.7 g fiber | 0.7 g sugar | 6.7 g protein
71% Carbohydrates | 4% Fat | 25% Protein
Dietary Servings per Portion
- 0.6 Meat Alternative
- 1.2 Vegetables